Algonquin Canoe: Rent a Canoe or Kayak with us!
1. The Summer Solstice Canoe and Kayak Race 2010 registration opens May 1, 2010. Receipt of the official registration form will constitute the team's intent to enter the race and further acknowledges that each team member understands and agrees to comply with each and every rule as stated in this document. The Race Committee reserves the right to reject any registration. On-site registration will be available on the morning of the event at Opemican and Ville-Marie (Fort Temiscamingue).
2. The definition of "Team" in this race constitutes either a kayak paddled solo or a canoe paddled tandem.
3. A waiver of liability form shall be read and signed by each participant, and submitted to the Race Committee prior to the start of the race.
4. The official starting time of the 15km Family Fun Race is 10:00am, Saturday, June 19th, 2010, at Opemican (Cedar Pine Rd off Hwy 101). Late arrivals will be granted a 15 minute grace time to begin the race; any participants arriving after 10:15am on the specified date and location will be disqualified from the race.
5. The official starting time of the 75km Endurance Race is 8:00am, Saturday, June 19th, 2010, at the Fort Temiscamingue Historic Site in Ville-Marie, Québec. Late arrivals will be granted a half-hour grace time to begin the race; any participants arriving after 8:30am on the specified date and location will be disqualified from the race.
6. Participants found to be impaired, consuming, or carrying any sort of intoxicant will be disqualified.
7. While the very nature of a race is intrinsically competitive (and we encourage this sort of healthy spiritedness), intentional interference with another team's progress, whether on or off the water, will result in disqualification.
8. All propulsion devices, other than your paddle, are strictly prohibited.
9. Respect the environment. No littering.
10. A “Water Marshall” will patrol the lake throughout the duration of the race, monitoring proper sportsmanship and safety.
11. A team wishing to withdraw from the race must inform the race organizers as soon as possible by phone, and in writing as soon a possible. Teams withdrawing on or before June 17th, 2010 will be refunded 90% of their registration fee. Withdrawal after June 17th, 2010 will constitute forfeiture of the registration fee.
12. A team finishes the race when it crosses the finish line at the Marina.
13. Prizes will be awarded to the top three contestants of each race for each category at the Algonquin Canoe Company.